For those days where cooking something tasty and nutritious that takes a lot of time out of your evenings just doesn’t seem appealing, I highly recommend Mindful Chef.
Mindful Chef delivers a box of goodies to your door, for however many people you need to feed. You can choose from a selection of different recipes each week and the day you would like the box of exact ingredients delivered straight to your door. Yay for zero food waste!
This harissa chicken and pomegranate caulirice is part of a collaboration with Madeleine Shaw and Mindful Chef and so delicious I went out the next day and bought the ingredients myself to make it again!
“Free-range chicken infused with harissa, coconut, garlic and maple syrup, which give the skewers a lovely glaze once cooked. Accompanied by a herby pomegranate cauliflower rice.”
A 15 minute recipe that’s 573 cals and £8.50 per person.
Feeds 2 people
2 tsp Harissa Paste
20g Creamed Coconut
2 Garlic Cloves
10g Coriander [I find this to be DEATH so I didn’t use this]
10g Fresh Mint
1 Can Chickpeas
2 tbsp Tahini
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil A Kettle. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a bowl with 40ml boiling water.
- To the mixing bowl with the creamed coconut, add the garlic, harissa paste, half of the maple syrup and the juice of half the lemon. Add the chicken pieces. Combine, then evenly place the chicken onto skewers.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat. Place the skewers in the pan and pour oven any remaining marinade. Fry the skewers for 5 minutes, turning half way through, then continue cooking with a lid on for a further 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a second frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add half of the chickpeas to the pan along with the cauli rice. Season. Cook for 3 minutes. Roughly chop the coriander [aka DEATH] and then thrown out before chopping up the mint and adding to the pan.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and reserve the seeds from one half only. Add to the frying pan with the chickpeas. Cook for a further 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- To make the tahini dressing: in a small bowl combine the tahini, a squeeze of lemon juice, 2-4 tbsp of water, remaining maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Combine well until it forms a drizzling consistency.
- To serve, spoon the cauli rice mix onto two warm plates. Place the chicken skewers on top and drizzle over the tahini dressing and any remaining harissa sauce from the pan.
Check out so many more of their recipes here.
Until next time,
*DISCLAIMER: This service was gifted to me but, as always, all opinions are my own.*
Similar articles on Popcorn + Pyjamas: