I made these ‘pizza cups’ to enjoy with SuperBowl Sunday and my boyfriend called them the best thing he’d ever eaten. I put the photo up on my Instagram and so many of you asked what they were [an incredible number for 1 o’clock in the morning!] so I thought I’d share the recipe with you. I topped these with pancetta but you can put anything on a pizza and you can definitely do the same here!
[makes four cups]
4 slices of your chosen bread
Something circular to cut the base
4 tsp Tomato purée
20g salted butter
Pancetta [or your choice of toppings]
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cut the circular bases into the bread slices.
3. Melt butter and mix in crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
4. Press bread slices into place in a cupcake baking tin, paint the melted butter mixture over the bread and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle grated mozzarella, layer on a tsp of tomato purée in each cup and then add more grated mozzarella and your toppings.
6. Bake in the oven for a further 10 minutes and eat them all to yourself!
Thank me later…
Until next time,
Similar articles on Popcorn + Pyjamas: