I recently made this very creamy vegan red pepper pesto and I am eating the stuff off the spoon it is so good!
The best bit? It’s so simple to make!
2 Red Bell Peppers
1 Garlic Clove
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 handfuls Cashew Nuts
1 tsp Manuka Honey
Vegetables of choice
Splashes of Filtered Water
1. Pre-heat the fan oven to 180.
2. Chop the red bell peppers into quarters and roast for 40 minutes.
3. Add the cashew nuts and roughly chopped shallot and garlic clove to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
4. Once the cashews are browned remove everything from the oven and let cool.
5. Add the cooked ingredients to a blender with the olive oil, honey and continue to splash small amounts of water until you get the consistency you’re looking for.
6. I like to add all the leftover vegetables in my fridge to this dish which makes it the perfect way to clear out the fridge. I used butternut squash, courgette, leeks and broccoli.
7. Sauté your vegetables of choice.
8. Boil the Genius high fibre pasta for 7 minutes and drain.
9. Mix the vegetables, pasta and creamy pesto together to create one very tasty dish!
Until next time,
Similar articles on Popcorn + Pyjamas: