Autumn is here, the days are getting colder – it’s the perfect time for a warm hearty recipe!
So over the last few years of making this I have used the recipe below less and less. The ingredients I use completely depending on what I have in my cupboards! And tweaking the recipe to suit my tastes! But several people I have fed this to have been asking for the recipe, so here it is!
Below is the Honestly Healthy recipe for Sweet Potato & Chickpea Stew with my spin on it…
2x Sweet Potato
400g Chickpeas (with water weight)
*ADDED* 400g mixed beans (with water weight)
5 large vine tomatoes
*ADDED* 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
Handful of Bay Leaves
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
*ADDED* Pinch of Turmeric Powder
Salt & Pepper
1x Red Onion
1x Garlic Clove
600ml Stock *instead of water*
2 tbsp Olive Oil
*REMOVED* Chili, coriander, brown rice
1. Finely slice red onion and add crushed garlic clove to olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
2. Add 200ml of stock after onions soften.
3. Stir in sweet potato and tomatoes (vine and tinned).
4. Add cumin, cayenne, salt & pepper with the rest of the stock, aubergine quartered into 1cm slices and chickpeas & beans.
5. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
6. Rest for 30 minutes.
If you try it out be sure to tag me in a picture online…
Instagram: @popcornandpyjamas Twitter: @popandpjs