This is one of my favourite meals, it is a comfort meal but a pleasure to eat + is still considered pretty healthy.
2 handfuls Brown Rice
Salt + Pepper (season to taste)
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
3 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 thumbnail grated Root Ginger
3 Chicken Breasts (or alt. meat)
A selection of vegetables:
Peppers, butternut squash, corgette,
garden peas, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.
- Cook the brown rice in boiling water for 40 minutes.
- Whilst that is simmering away, cook the chicken in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until browned.
- At the same time, fry the vegetables in a tbpn of oil until soft.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables, add the teriyaki + sesame sauce + grated root ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the rice for a few minutes.
- Break the two eggs into a large frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. Break up the eggs + as they start to cook add the rice + stir the two together. Once cooked, add a tbsp of sesame oil + season to taste.