This recipe is one I found on Tip Hero but altered for a healthier version. It is unbelievably tasty and moreish, so give it a go!
- 2 cups of Brown Rice (I use brown sushi rice as it makes it stickier!)
- 1 Pineapple
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 3 pinches of grated Root Ginger
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- Cook the brown rice (I like to then leave the sushi rice overnight as it can then properly dry out and creates a very sticky finished texture that adds to the dish, but you don’t need to do this)
- Cut the pineapple. Slice it in two and cut out as much as you can before scooping out the rest with a spoon.
- Put the pineapple in a saucepan over heat, add two cups of water, the coconut sugar, chilli flakes, salt and rice.
- Leave to reduce for 15 minutes.
- Whilst this is happening, chop up your chicken and begin frying it.
- Add to the chicken; ginger, soy sauce, and a pre-mixed teaspoon of corn flour in half a cup of filtered water.
- Leave simmering until the sauce thickens and then serve with a portion of pineapple rice.
Until next time,
Similar articles on Popcorn + Pyjamas: