It has been a while since I’ve written a personal post so I thought I’d put pen to paper (or so to speak) + let you know what turning 24 at the end of last year means to me.
23 is my favourite number (not sure why, it just always has been), so turning 23 meant I had to make that year count + that’s exactly what I did. One of my closest friends had a baby boy, a little munchkin I spoil rotten with attention + unbelievably cute shoes (but happy I can still hand back at the end of the day, I’m only broody to a point!!). I travelled to Cape Town for the month of December + explored the most beautiful city in the world with some of my best friends. I came home in the New Year + turned one of those best friends into my boyfriend (finally!). I planned a HUGE birthday celebration for my parents who both turned (shhh!!!) 50. I also really got into my blogging groove this summer, changing Ball Bounces Back into Popcorn + Pyjamas, allowing me to write about a bigger range of topics which to me just meant writing more + more often, something I’m definitely not complaining about.
With 23 being such a great year for me I knew whatever I chose to achieve after turning 24 had to be BIG!
So I’m going for some HUGE goals in my 24th year, some are bigger than others but all are really important to me for one reason or another.
- Swim in the sea, passed the point where I can stand. I have a rather large phobia of the sea so this is a big one for me. One that raises my heart rate just thinking about it but a goal I’m glad I’m setting myself.
2. Spend a week sailing. I would love to get on a boat + spend a week sleeping in, creating so much content + enjoying a break from the world.
3. Move out. At 24 I still live at home but seeing as my parents live in London it’s very convenient, oh + I don’t have to spend a fortune on rent! I do the food shopping + make sure there is dinner on the table every evening, I figure that’s a fair exchange but enough is enough and it is time to move out!
4. Create an ebook. This is one that has been on my to do list for a very long time, I’ve just never sat down + taken the time to do it. Prepare to see it happen in 2017!
5. Stop biting my nails. This might be the toughest goal of all. A habit I have never been able to break in all my 24 years. My boyfriend absolutely hates it + I would love long, strong nails I could paint all the time!
6. Dye my hair an abstract colour, like blue or pink. I think I know what I have planned for this one but I’m going to leave you guys in suspense until I actually do it.
7. Watch more movies. It was Christmas 2015 when my now boyfriend + our best friends figured out I haven’t seen a movie pre-90’s. I’ve seen so many movies but only as they got released, I had never seen movies like Top Gun or Dirty Dancing (don’t worry I have now!). So the “Classic Movie List” was complied of about 70 must-see movies from the 60s, 70s + 80s. I’m about 15 through so I would love to keep my movie education going strong + tick off a lot more from the list!
8. Go to the cinema more. In line with the last goal, I love the cinema! I want to make a conscious effort to go at least once a month.
9. Sky dive. I am such an adrenaline junkie so this has always been on my bucket list. I think my mum would have kittens about me doing something like this but I think I would absolutely love it!
10. Drive a racing car. I would love to spend a day at a race track where I can combine my love of driving with my love of thrill-seeking adventures.
11. Travel away for a weekend alone. Maybe not a weekend, but an overnight. Somewhere in the UK, perhaps a spa. Turn off my phone, ban work + just switch off for 24 hours. I think it’s something I just don’t do, it’s probably my worst habit. Anyone else a workaholic?
12. Print + frame my favourite pictures. Anyone who knows me well enough knows I document everything. But I never print out any, I want to fill a wall of my bedroom with photos of the best moments I’ve captured + frame my favourites!
13. Travel to Asia. I took a ‘gap year’ in 2012, for part of it I flew across to Asia, travelling from Hong Kong all the way down to Singapore. Ever since I’ve promised myself to go back, I loved that part of the world so much, but I’ve never found time. Next year I plan on making time, perhaps a retreat in Bali with a little exploring either side of it?
14. Work with a web designer. I have designed my blog as best I can but there are ideas I get everyday to improve it that I’m just not capable of implementing. I would love to pair up with somebody who knows what they’re doing + take Popcorn + Pyjamas to the next level!
15. Visit Central London more often. Living in West London + working for myself means unless I am attending an event I spend much of my time in my office at home or in the town around it. I want to push myself further out + try new places closer to Central London.
16. Spend my 25th birthday abroad, I would love to bring up a quarter of a century lying on a white sand beach sipping gin cocktails + eating fresh seafood. A girl can dream can’t she?
Let’s see if I can tick them all off!
I’d love to hear about what goals you have for 2017 + what it is you want to do or achieve in it. Leave a comment below + let me know!
Until next time,