I love the combination of butternut squash and pomegranate seeds. If you haven’t tried it yet, you really need to!
This is such a quick and easy recipe for you to try at home and I find it to be such a ‘comfort food’ meal during these cold months.
You can also add in roasted vegetables to this which I also love to do. Bell peppers, courgette, broccoli, aubergine. It goes well with all the leftover veg you have in your fridge which makes this a great recipe to save on food waste!
INGREDIENTS [serves four]
4 large handfuls of your preferred pasta
1 peeled butternut squash
1 tin of butter beans
1 punnet of pomegranate seeds
1 vegetable stock cube with 500ml of filtered water [or 500ml of pre-made vegetable stock]
Chilli Flakes and seasoning to taste
1. Chop the butternut squash into 1cm cube pieces. Boil the peeled pieces in vegetable stock until soft all the way through and crumbling in the stock.
2. Decant the butternut squash with 20 tbsp of the vegetable stock [and continue to add in as much as you need to get the thick consistency you require for the purée].
3. Thoroughly blend the butternut squash and stock until smooth and put into a saucepan with any beans, lentils, roasted vegetables and chilli fakes and seasoning you want. Leave to simmer.
4. Cook your pasta in the remaining stock with additional boiled water to cover the pasta.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add in to the purée. Mix until consistent and add the pomegranate seeds on top.
So quick, so easy, so tasty! Let me know if you try this recipe at home for yourselves and tag me in the final product @popcornandpyjamas!
Until next time,
Similar articles on Popcorn + Pyjamas: