I made my first ever fish pie this month thanks to one of Waitrose’s Beautifully Simple recipes. All the ingredients are put on one shelf in stores so you can pick them all up without going back and forth down all the aisles and this meal was prepared, cooked [and eaten] in under thirty minutes!
I altered the recipe slightly to my tastes but you can find the original here.
100g French crème fraîche
2 tsp Dijon mustard
260g pack cod, salmon & smoked haddock
180g fresh extra large raw king prawns
400g essential mashed potato
115g pack baby spinach
40g grated mozzarella
160g trimmed sugar snap peas
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Spoon the crème fraîche into a medium saucepan. Stir in 1 tsp mustard then drop in the fish and prawns. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Next, heat the mash following the pack instructions.
- As it heats, boil the kettle and put the spinach in a colander. Pour boiling water slowly over the spinach to wilt, then cool it under the cold tap for a few moments. Squeeze dry with your hands.
- Spoon the fish out of the sauce and into a small baking dish.
- Stir the spinach and 25g cheese into the remaining cream sauce, then pour it over the fish.
- Stir 1 tsp mustard into the mashed potato and spoon then swirl it over the fish. Scatter with the remaining cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes, or until the mash is golden and serve with sugar snap peas.
Try it for yourself tonight and thank me later!
Until next time,
Similar articles on Popcorn + Pyjamas: