For those of you who don’t know, today is World Gin Day! A gin and tonic is my go-to alcoholic drink so I love to try different brands, mixers and garnishes.
With the sun shining away I thought I would share with you a favourite summer fresh spin on your everyday gin and tonic to celebrate gin day!!
You will require…
2 handfuls of Fresh Strawberries
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
5-10 Basil Leaves
2 tbsp Agave Nectar
100ml Gin of choice
300ml Tonic Water
100ml Filtered Water
- Put the filtered water in a small saucepan and on the hob until it’s simmering.
- Add the strawberries until they begin to lose their colour to the liquid.
- Grind half the basil leaves into the gin.
- Take the strawberries off the heat and strain the mixture, then add the lemon juice.
- Put the liquid into the fridge to cool down (nobody wants a warm gin!)
- Fill your glasses to the brim with ice, add a few basil leaves, tonic water and the gin and strawberry mixture.
- Preferably sip in the sunshine with friends!!
Have a wonderful weekend guys!