Seeing as it is National Berry Month I thought I would offer up one of my favourite berry dessert recipes for you.
This foodgasm below I’m about to share with you is made with the help of coconut sugar and it’s low GI which prevents sugar spikes in the body (you can’t taste the difference, trust me – this stuff is amazing for those trying to cut refined sugar out of their lifestyle!)
★ Ingredients ★
100g Plain Flour
50g Rolled Oats
100g Softened Butter
50g Coconut Sugar
7 Handfuls of Berries
100g Coconut Sugar
1.5 tbsp Cornflour
4 tbsp Filtered Water
★ Method ★
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees for a fan oven while you create your dessert.
- Put the flour, oats, butter and sugar in a bowl and combine together with your fingers. Get stuck in!
- Once you’ve created your doughy crumble texture, sprinkle in a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes. Make sure you stir and break up the mixture twice in between cooking.
- As the crumble is browning put the berries, coconut sugar, water and cornflour into a saucepan and allow it to boil into sugary purple goodness!
- Once the fruity mixture is bubbling and sticky to the sides of the saucepan transfer into a baking dish and sprinkle the crumble over the top.
- Put in the oven for 12 minutes and enjoy with your favourite ice-cream, custard or just by itself!!
Until next time,